Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:15:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jason Ahrens <ahrensj@psi.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD3.1 and CD's

AT the request of a friend, I have mirrored the FreeBSD 3.1 from
ftp.cdrom.com. I am now attepmtping to figure out how to place this on CD
to give to him to use.

The full download was 1.1GB, with 900MB in the packages directory. There
are 1749 packages in the All directory, with softlinks from all the other
directories. I tried splitting up the directories and maintaining all
dependencies, and ended up with 1.6GB of data, and still not low enough to
burn onto two CD's. (a 1GB disk and a 640MB disk, 500MB more than before
and no better off)

My question then is, how does one get these onto CD so that a CD-install
is possible?

Thanks for your help.

Jason