Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:38:48 -0500
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't run KDE after cvsup

--nextPart1142022.MPcnSn8kHK

On December 26, 2005 03:17 pm, Nicolas Blais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my -CURRENT system, this morning after my weekly 'make world', I am not
> able to go into KDE anymore.
>
> kdm starts correctly at boot, when I login I see the kde splash and it wi=
ll
> go until 'Initializing Peripherals' after which it will exit and go back =
> the kdm_greet.
>
> I see no error messages in either /var/log/kdm.log or Xorg.0.log.
> Twm loads fine (this is what I am using now).
>
> Though not 100% sure, I don't believe it is a kernel issue since I always
> reboot after a kernel build, test the kernel by starting kde then I
> mergemaster/make install world.
>
> Any suggestions?

Reply to self:

=46ound the problem, it was /tmp/.ICE-unix/ which was owned by my username=
=20
instead of root for some reason.  chown'ing it back to root solved my=20
problem.

Nicolas.

=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #7: Mon Dec 26 12:43:20 EST 2005    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? (updated 16 Nov 05) : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc