Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:02:16 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Daily and Weekly Periodic Scripts

I used to have a few servers and reading the daily and weekly periodic =
reports was a bit time consuming, but still viable.  However, now I have =
a bunch of servers and am swamped with those reports daily.  I have even =
less time available to read them and generally end up deleting them in =
mass.  I have on occasion, although not in a few years, identified =
issues in those reports that need to be addressed.  That part bothers =
me.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything to create code to review =
those scripts and identify issues and only report those issues.  For =
example, looking at the network counts, the collision rate should always =
be zero on ethernet.  Finding a number there greater than zero is a =
problem that needs to be addressed.  Likewise the error counts should =
also be zero.  However, some systems do have a normal low level of =
errors so that rate would need to be configurable per system.

=E2=80=94 Doug