Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:47:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Ryan Klinkhammer <klink@seti.tec.sd.us>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Increasing Users

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Ryan Klinkhammer wrote:
>
> > Anyone
> > 	Hello, This is Ryan from Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux
> > Falls, SD.  I recently installed FreeBSD 2.1.7.  What I need to do is
> > increase the number of simultaneous users from the default 16 to 25.
> > However, I am have a hard time finding the kernal file to increase it.
> > Can anyone help me on this problem?  Also, is it possible to change the
> > boot menu options and is it possible to select another operating system
> > without rebooting?

I think what Ryan is looking for is:

	/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC

Which will only exist if the /src/ssys.aa, ssys.ab, ssys.ac distribution
was installed on his system.

Be sure to preserve an original GENERIC, and read the kernel section of
the handbook, which will be at:

	/usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.html

assuming you did install /doc/doc.aa, doc.ab, etc.

Ken Marsh