Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 19:18:29 +0200
From:      Marc Veldman <lurkie@wxs.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PLEASE HELP!!! URGENT..

Hello Jason,

> Strange problem, all files in every directory have no chmod values
> anymore.
> When I load a fixit disk, and mount using:

> mount -f /dev/wd0a /mnt

> and go to every directory do a ls -l, all files are:

There is no easy solution,
but using the file permissions on the Live File system CD-ROM
(no 2 in the 2.2.6 version) would be a good guidline to get things
going.

NOTE: This is not really my idea, but I got it from 'The FreeBSD Handbook'
after accidentally destroying all my file permissions.

Good Luck,

Marc Veldman