Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 03:47:44 +0200 (EET)
From:      Charlie Roots <root@isis.dynip.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How Can I Use Voice-Capalbe Modem

Hi everyone,
I have a Rockwell-based SupraExpress 33,600 Fax-Modem
that supports incoming voice messages.

I windows 95 I have software to do the recepion
automatically, wether fax, data, or voice.

I got mgety+Sendfax, it handles Data connection quite
well, but BRAIN-DEAD on fax, since it insists, for
unknown reasons, to use a CLASS 2 or 2.0 Fax devices,
which most regretly my modem doeanot support, or at
least mgetty+sendfax, and the Vendor manuals say this.
I used to have a US-ROBOTICS 28,800 the ones called
WinModem, it appears after some digging that the
FreeBSD looks to this device with contempt, and refuses
even to recognise it as a modem since the
Microsoft-US-Robotics consipracy was removing an
important piece of hardware from the modem 'a brain
chip' and substituting it by a VXD damned software, so
I had to change my modem once to run FreeBSD with modem
support.

Do I have to re-change my modem so I can recieve fax
and voice. or Is there a descent software for that.

Assuming the same modem in current state, is there a
Voice Software for it ??

please help.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.