Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 18:14:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Andrew Kaufmann <andrewk@Redwing.airship.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installion bootup problems

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Tom Jackson wrote:

> This is a very interesting problem and one all will want to see solved. Just
> a couple of things. Its queer that another machine can read the floppy and
> yours doesn't even start to, not even the boot block.

	*nod*... the floppy light comes on, but nothing at all happens
besides that...

> Did you do all the floppy work from real dos, not w95 or w31 dos prompt?

I do the floppies from a Win95 prompt... I'll try from real DOS
asap.  But I also tried with dd if=boot.flp of=/dev/fd0 from Linux.

> Did you use the batch file, called I think, makeflp.bat, that does a format /u
> on the floppy first?

	I used a program called "setup"... I don't know if it called
makeflp.bat or not (but makeflp.bat was in the dir with setup on the CD)

> Is your floppy drive a standard 3.5" 1.44mb or one of the new L120's?

	Standard Mitsumi 3.5" 1.44mb.

> Will your machine read a dos boot floppy?

	Yup, I can boot via floppy into Linux or DOS.  I just rememberd,
I do have LILO installed... could that be the problem?  I think I'll go
get rid of that...

> I don't know, any other questions guys?

	The more the merrier! :)

> Tom