Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:32:56 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pfg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: contrib/jemalloc

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 02:13:32PM -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Easier said than done. Feel free to give libedit a try.

That has nothing to do with our process and everything to do with us
blindly hacking away pissing all over to be our own thing -- BUT still
wanting to take work from the original author.

I fail to see how not updating thru $FBSDrepo/vendor/NetBSD/libedit
is easier than updating thru it.

Either way you have to figure out what to do with our great divergance.
At least when using the vendor branch you can use a good 3-way diff merge
tool (e.g. svn).

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)