Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:18:36 -0500
From:      daniel.beatty@amd.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Soundblaster 64 AWE and PnP difficulty

Greetings,
I am currently setting up a FreeBSD Box at the house and encountered
difficulty.  The difficulty is with the Soundblaster 64AWE card.  I set up
the FREEBIE configuration file to Soundblaster 16's settings, and received
error messages like "DSP failed to reset" and "AWE32 not detected."  I also
tried the AWE64 set up for version 3.1 (as it is stated on your web site),
and it did not work either.
Machine stats:
Processor: AMD K6-2
Hard Drive:  2.0 GB
OS Version: FreeBSD version 4.0 stable.

Could you provide some documentation on this subject?  Also could you
recommend some good system programming books for computer science students?
Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan Beatty
mailto:daniel.beatty@amd.com