Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2012 09:00:29 +0900
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Ry=C5=8DTa_SimaMoto?= <liangtai.s4@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: extconf.rb always fails at databases/rrdtool with CC=clang in /etc/make.conf

I am sorry I made misunderstanding to this issue.

Once CC=3D is set when ruby is built, it seems that ruby
remembers this in lib/ruby/1.9/i386-freebsd9/rbconfig.rb
file.  That is why generated Makefile from extconf.rb
always invokes the same compiler even if environmental
parameter is changed to other settings in /etc/make.conf
later.