Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:03:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Phoenix <dphoenix@bravenet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-question@freebsd.org
Subject:   qmail IO problems

I am sitting with a 80-90% IO disk problem after converting this one box
from linux to freebsd. I enabled soft-updates on that partition...that did
not help to much...and ram is fine. I am guessing because ext2fs uses
asyncronous metadatawrites and favors speed over reliablity that that is
why linux was able to handle it.

Anyone ever run into this problem with qmail before?
Currently queue just keeps getting filled up with very few being sent.

--
Dan

|           BRAVENET WEB SERVICES                      |
|              dan@bravenet.com                        |
|             make installworld                        |
| ln -s /var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail     |
| ln -s /var/qmail/bin/newaliases /usr/sbin/newaliases |