Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:24:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System now boots with acpi enabled

On 15-Jun-2004 Danny Braniss wrote:
>> Well, I'm happy to report that with the latest current, I can now
>> boot with acpi enabled.  Not sure if it was the upgrade alone, or
>> removing "NO_MIXED_MODE" from my kernel config, or both, but
>> anyway, it's working now.
>
> in my case - without NO_MIXED_MODE - it boots, but the NIC/em is
> on-operational.
> (actually the machine is stuck solid, alt-ctl-del does not work)
> with acpi enabled but apic disabled it works fine. the board is a
> shuttle SN85g4 with latest bios.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also added "options ADAPTIVE_MUTEXES",
which I'm not sure has any effect at all in a UP kernel.

I also forgot to mention the motherboard type: ASUS K8N8V-LA PES with
nVidia nForce3 150 chipset (at least, according to HP's website,
although they say motherboard specs are subject to change without
notice; are there any tools for identifying this stuff?).

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"