Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:06:00 +0200
From:      danny@i-p-d.nl
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vinum

I have been trying to setup vinum to mirror my first harddisk on a
second identical harddisk. I get the feeling that it is not possible to
mirror the first disk, as it is my FreeBSD bootdisk. Is that right?

I want to have a working FreeBSD-machine with a second
harddisk, that is working as an exact copy of the first disk, so if my
first drive fails, the second disk takes over, or at least has a most
recent copy. Will that work with vinum, or isn't that possible?

A reinstall is no problem, this is just a test case for now.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Danny Zwegers
Unix SysAdmin (Spec:Domains)
IPD Hosting & Design BV