Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 1996 09:10:13 +0000
From:      Paul Walsh <paul@nation-net.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to: line for multiple mailees

Is there an easy way to set up a db for mailing groups of addresses in a
similar way to majordomo, so that the to: line doesn't show all the email
addresses but just groupA@myhost.mydomain ?

And while I'm here, is there a good source of info on sendmail which would
explain the variables in sendmail.cf, using alternative mailers ( such as FAX
) and setting up a virtualhosts db?

e.g. I have this lines in my sendmail.cf and don't really know why they are
there or if they actually do anything:

DF.
CPFAX

I know what this does:

### MAilfax gateway PW 10.10.96
Mfax,           P=/usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax, F=DFMShu, M=100000,
                A=mailfax $u $h $f
### end Mailfax

and the rest of the FAX stuff is in ruleset 0:

# forward FAX messages to HYLAFAX software (also see Mfax) PW 10.10.96
R$+ < @ $+ .FAX. >              $#fax $@ $2 $: $1               user@host.FAX

The point is I don't really inderstand lots of this, although I did
eventually get it all to work, so I guess I'm learning.

These 2 items , I have no idea about:  F=DFMShu, M=100000
and I notice that they can vary a lot on different unices.

Anyhow thanks for your time,

Regards, Paul Walsh.

--
paul@nation-net.com	NATION-NET