Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2008 03:37:32 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ps@freebsd.org, brooks@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, jhb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: undefined reference to SYS_cpuset

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 01:13:53AM -0700, Unga wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Today (28th July) I upgraded the FreeBSD sources (/usr/src) using cvsup and when try to compile a test C program I get following:
>
> echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
> cc dummy.c -v -Wl,--verbose
>
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `SYS_cpuset_getaffinity'
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `SYS_cpuset'
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `SYS_cpuset_setaffinity'
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `SYS_cpuset_getid'
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `SYS_cpuset_setid'
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `SYS_setfib'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I can see in logs following programs compiled without any error:
> cpuset_getaffinity.S
> cpuset.S
> cpuset_setaffinity.S
> cpuset_getid.S
> cpuset_setid.S
> setfib.S
>
> What's gone wrong now? Am I in the middle of a FreeBSD update? or have I made some mistake? or multiple routing tables update on 20080724 broken something? Any ideas?

These were recent changes (past 24 hours or so), which stem from the
addition of framework + utilities to allow FreeBSD to bind a process to
a specific CPU (via userland utility).

See the most recent commit message (it applies to more than just this
file, however):

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/cpuset/cpuset.c