Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:01:33 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
Cc:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: regression from previous version of pw

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 03:49:52PM +0200, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> In the previous version before Bapt upgraded pw(8) I was allowed to do
> 	pw useradd -V /etc
>=20
> Even though the manual page instructed otherwise.
>=20
> The new version sticks to the manual page and generates:
> pw: illegal option -- V
>=20
> I'm going to change the scripts, but perhaps others will be bitten too.
> Up to Bapt to decide what to do with this.

The code has been changed to respect what the manual and the help output was
showing: -V should be passed before the subcommand

The reason for this is was to make the code more easily maintenable and
understandable.

if really that is too painful I can allow again -V to be also passed after =
the
subcommand but at the price of complicating the code.

Best regards,
Bapt

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a--