Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 20:56:20 -0500
From:      "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        netdev@roxanne.nuclecu.unam.mx, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ok, final sockhash changes, new diff

   From: David Greenman <dg@root.com>
   Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 17:56:24 -0800

      The reason just occured to me: In the case of a server with
   googols of IP aliases, the {faddr, lport, fport} are all the same
   (faddr and fport are wildcards) for the listening sockets of a
   given service (say http)...so the only thing unique is the laddr,
   which if not included in the hash, will cause all of the listening
   sockets to be hashed to the same bucket.

Jinx, you'll see that I just made a posting stating this as well ;)

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s   ////
ethernet.  Beat that!                     ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><