Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:53:50 +0100
From:      Matt Burke <mattblists@icritical.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SAS Drive identification LEDs

On 03/20/12 21:53, Matt Burke wrote:
> I've also tried playing around with Areca's SDK, however
> FreeBSDSCSIInterface()->init(i) causes the closed source driver to panic
> the kernel. AFAICT that class appears to be closed source too, so that's a
> dead end too.

Just to follow this up, I got in contact with Areca support, who sent me
their new v1.00.00.02 (2012-03-23) arcsas driver and CLI tool, which is now
available on their website:

http://www.areca.com.tw/support/s_freebsd/nonraid_freebsd.htm

The API download has also been updated (dated 2012-03-14) to include
separate SAS HBA support, and stuff built against it works correctly for me.

As a result I now have management visibility (and ability to toggle drive
identification) via the ARC-1320 cards.

--
Sorry for the below disclaimer...

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

Critical Software Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring its effective operation.

Critical Software Ltd. registered in England, 04909220. Registered Office: IC2, Keele Science Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NH.

This message has been scanned for security threats by iCritical.
    For further information, please visit www.icritical.com