Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:09:16 +0900
From:      rozhuk.im@gmail.com
To:        "'Aleksandr Rybalko'" <ray@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: H/W offload VLAN/PPPoE/NAT

Hi!

Another way for vlans is: "ng_ether + ng_vlan + ng_iface".
See in sources: VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM

I don=92t see any profits with hardware PPPoE, mpd5 is fast.

For hardware NAT you can try make "closed" netgraph based interface.
Node like "ng_ether + ng_nat" =3D ng_hwnat, compatible with ng_nat

=A0
--
Rozhuk Ivan
=A0=20