Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2016 13:36:02 -0500
From:      Krzysztof Parzyszek <kristof@swissmail.org>
To:        Jukka Ukkonen <jau789@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org, Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
Subject:   Re: PowerMac G5 hangs/crashes on boot: 10.2, 11.0-RCx

On 9/9/2016 6:35 AM, Jukka Ukkonen wrote:

> The story apparently goes such that the interrupt code shown can be
> pretty much anything. The interrupts might simply be enabled way before
> the system is ready to handle them.

I've had similar issues for quite some time.  Previous releases would
boot only sometimes, otherwise I'd be getting a hang or a crash.  The
frequency of the boot problems seems to increase dramatically when I
boot from the hard-drive, but with 11 it has never booted correctly.

I wasn't the only one seeing this type of a problem and I remember
seeing a thread about it a while back.  Mark Millard reported it, and
someone has tracked it down to some register getting (unexpectedly)
clobbered by the open firmware.  I was hoping this had been fixed, but
it seems that things have only gotten worse...  :(

CCing Mark---maybe he will know more about this.

-Krzysztof