Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2011 06:12:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Terry Kennedy <TERRY@tmk.com>
To:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is the rc.conf syntax for /etc/rc.d/ip6addrctl's "prefer_ipv4" option?

  I initially asked this over in networking in the FreeBSD forums, but it
was suggested I ask here, since this seems to be where a bunch of discussion
about this particular topic has appeared in the past.

  The system is 8-STABLE on amd64 of a week ago. Please look at my original
post on the FreeBSD Forums: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=25340

  In brief, I've tried all of the following, one at a time, in rc.conf to
no effect:

ip6addrctl_flags="prefer_ipv4"
ip6addrctl_policy="prefer_ipv4"
ipv6_prefer="NO"
ip6addrctl="prefer_ipv4"

  Again, please look at the discussion in the Forums for more background
on this, why it is needed, and the large set of changes in the etc/rc.d/
ip6addrctl script version 1.11 that seem to change the way it handles this.

	Thanks!
        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry@tmk.com             New York, NY USA