Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      <lioux@linf.unb.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/15094: Updated port to ftp/downloader to versiont

The following reply was made to PR ports/15094; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: <lioux@linf.unb.br>
To: freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, ijliao@csie.nctu.edu.tw
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:37:12 -0200 (EDT)

 Dear Mr. Imura,

 >  > also added the .mo installation. The patches have been sent to the author
 >  > but it is almost certain they won't be commited untill the next release, so ...
 >  Did you already talk to the port's maintainer about the change?

 	I think there might have been a misundertanding. Where written
 author, read the distfile's author, not the port's author.
 	My mistake.
 	Anyway, I've already submitted twice the update to both authors, but
 none replied.
 	Knowing that both authors' work is volunteer, I waited about 1 1/2
 weeks for a any sort of reply.
 	As none arrived, I considered appropriate the submition of a
 PR. I know that I could/should have waited more but the submition of the PR
 would give the port's author a pointer in case his unreachable state was due to a communication/network problem between our parts.
 	If this is not due process, I apologize. If so, please advise me so
 that I won't commit the same mistake twice as I plan to contribute more
 actively in the future.
 	I can insist with the author if you prefer but if you add the 1 1/2
 weeks to the time this PR waited for processing, enough time elapsed for
 some sort of response.

 	Regards,
 		Mario Ferreira