Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:15:45 +0000
From:      "Mikhail P." <miha@ghuug.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@deepcore.dk>
Subject:   Re: ad0: FAILURE - WRITE_DMA

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 13:51, S=F8ren Schmidt wrote:
> Well, thats not up to me to judge I guess, but have you tried to change
> the tripping point for using 48Bit addressing as I suggested earlier ?

How one would do it? In BIOS?
=46orgive my ignorance.

> I cant reproduce this problem with any of the shelfmeters of ATA gear I
> have here, so your help is needed or it will stay horribly broken :)

The 5.3-BETA7 box I was referring to is a whole different machine from the =
one=20
I posted initially (2 x 200GB IDE).
This machine has 4 IDE drives -
20GB Seagate
60GB IBM
120GBWDC
200GB WDC

and it is P4 (CPU is 1.5Ghz, p4) motherboard.

regards,
M.