Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 05:21:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree and Miata,  Monet machines

Hello,
my experience with X11 on Miata and Monet machines is that
XFree86-3.3.6 works while XFree86-4.3.0 won't work.
I just tried many different PCI graphic boards.
Anyone has tried with a PWS 500au or a XP1000 and XFree86-4 ??
Anyone was succesfull ??
I know that there are many other more important issue to solve I Am just
asking for anyone experience if it is working or not.
In my case is not working.
XFree86-3.3.6 instead will work on both Miata and XP1000, it's anyway a
pity to revert to the old Xserver while the 4.3.0 is in the port
collection.

thank you

Rick