Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:27:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Unable to connect W98 box via samba

Hi again,

This is my other nemisis. I cannot get the Win98 box in the
kitchen to see the samba server or to process the password.
This did work under 2.2.1R and the previous samba (1.9.something).
The win client is configured to send clear text passwords
(the only thing I had to do one the previous install).

I've gotten the smbclient to log into the samba server on the
host samba is running on but cannot connect from the windoze box.
It will telnet, ftp, and (using aliasing in ppp) go to the
internet.

Any ideas on this one?

John