Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:27:28 -0600
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel SoundMax Sound Card Support

On 12/5/06, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello freebsd-chat@
>
> I am reasonably new to the *BSD community so I hope this post is to a
> "General Questions list"
>
> I am wondering if there is in fact support in FreeBSD 6.2 or 7.0
> current for the Intel SoundMax 4 XL on board sound card it is a 865PE
> chip set motherboard, and the dmesg comes up as no driver attached
>
> Thank you for any help

Being wholley unfamiliar with this device, I would suggest
a) if anything works and
b) if the output of
hostname# tail /dev/sndstat
is enlightening.**

*If I am not mangling something, this should load all
of the available sound related modules.

**dmesg -a | grep pcm (or perhaps . . . | grep snd) as well.