Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:17:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world time???/

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Steve Passe wrote:

# Hi,
#
# we might need 2 classes, here, single disk, mounted sync, and dual disks,
# /usr/src mounted noatime, /usr/obj mounted async, noatime.
#

I agree we need several different classes.  What I was suggesting
was just a baseline that most everybody that using FreeBSD can relate
to.  Let's face it you have to have at least have one disk somewhere
even the diskless workstation case. :)

# I *really* would like to see the target be "make buildworld".  The
# "make install" portion doesn't have much to do with the variabilities of the
# overall times, and I don't want to do six make worlds (ie make installs)
# in a row on my development systems.  "make buildworld" is safe, even when
# we have major breakage in the source tree, but obviously "make install" isn't!
#

Very good point and exactly the reason I always run with 'make -k ...'.
In this case though, 'grep remade make-world.log' turned up nothing so
the tree did build entirely.

Steve

# --
# Steve Passe	| powered by