Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 22:45:32 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gdb instead of adb

> Is the reason why adb hasn't been ported to freebsd because the source is
> proprietary?

You make no sense.

> If gdb should suffice for my debugging needs, how can a breakpoint be set
> at a particular interrupt, or even at any interrupt? The break command
> only seems to accept functions, offsets, linenumbers and addresses...
> I'm all out of ideas and the gdb info file isn't helping.

You make little more sense, unless you are talking about using
gdb-remote on a running kernel, in which case you should know that
interrupts are vectored through functions, and thus the entire issue is
moot.

Note also that debugging through interrupt handlers can be problematic
on PC hardware.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org