Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 15:53:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        christopher@schulte.org (Christopher Schulte)
Cc:        henk@home.cg.nu, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh RSA login faild! with keys HELP

As I recall, Christopher Schulte wrote:
> BTW: This is why I love the new RELENG_4_3.

I second that.  I think RELENG_4_3 is the perfect solution to the
"-STABLE" vs "-RELEASE" branch trade-offs.  There's been enough regular
breakage in -stable to discourage me from trying to track it on
production machines.  And yet, security and serious bug fixes getting
MFS (Merged From Stable) by yours truly in my own tree has been a
bother.

So let's cheer for the "-most_stable" branch!    <Yey!>

> The only thing I might suggest is offering 'critical *system* updates'
> rather than just 'critical security updates' via RELENG_4_x patch
> branch.

I like the idea that only the Security Officer and the Release
Engineer can commit to this branch.  That seems about right to me.

We'll see how it works in practice.  As best I can tell, neither of
them have found compelling reason to commit yet.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com