Date:      15 Mar 96 07:14:19 GMT
From:      peter@jhome.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: historical note..

jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard) writes:

>> because my soundblaster won't record under FreeBSD 2.0.5.  Yes, I'm going
>> to decode my old tapes by bit-groping wav files!  I figure that once I've

>That's..  That's...  That's TOTALLY SICK!

>I like it! :-)

Then you'd be interested to know that I did this once before on my Amiga (way
back when... :-)  I borrowed an 8-bit audio sampler for a weekend and at
the end, I was reading and _writing_ Trash-80 tapes.

But that's not all.. :-)  Not long before I got the Amiga, I was using my
Trash-80 (CC3) to read and write one of my friend's Amstrad CPC464 tapes as
well!  We used it on a couple of protected tapes to modify some of the
games that he had (he was a dedicated Commodore-64 hater, we added a C64 to
one of the shoot-em-ups so that he could blow away the evil C64 monsters :-).
JI still have a pile of about 1200 pages of disassembled Z80 code.. :-)

Sigh, those were the days... :-)

>					Jordan

Cheers,
-Peter