Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2012 05:11:43 +0100
From:      Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
To:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bumping a pet bug

Dear rc team,

I know your time is precious, but there is an annoying bug in rc.d/jail
that keeps littering my (and my user's) servers with stray soft links
whenever we start jails.

I've described the bug two years ago here

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=conf/143084

and even conveniently applied a simple and effective patch.

tl;dr: If rc.d/jail can not access $_devdir, a soft link is created in
./log => ../var/run/log  no matter where I was.

Unfortunally I am still busy answering emails from users of ezjail who
first look for the problem with themselves, then blame it on ezjail and
finally complain about FreeBSD. Also I have to clean up my systems from
all the littering links called "log" pointing nowhere.

If please a committer could take the five minutes to look into the bug
and fix the problem, he could save me and my users a lot of trouble and
time.

Thanks in advance,

  erdgeist