Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:23:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <i4b@zabbadoz.net>
To:        <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   D64S and HDLC(k)

Hi,

last mail I found at geocrawler was from Feb this year talking about
leased lines. In "The Care and Feeding of ISDN4BSD" I found in 6.1.2
"Note: operation of i4b with the d64s parameter is currently not fully
functional. For that reason the parameter for the protocol keyword
MUST be the parameter dss1 ! "

First I would know if this is the actual state of devel ?

Then I have to say that I am running a D64S with cisco-hdlck (yes
cisco hdlc WITH keepalives) on my linux router. Some small kernel
patches and everything was fine ;-)
I started University of Cooperative Education (called "BA" in Germany
and therefor have limited time, but I would perhaps like to spent that
on implementing (parts of) c-hdlck in FreeBSD Kernel [if I do get some
help if needed - had no detailed look at the sources yet. ].
I also have a separate machine waiting to get hoovered with some Teles
16.3 cards that seem to work (and access to the cisco at the other end
for debugging and configuration). I would get some FreeBSD 4.2 or
5.0 CD next week (it's a bit slow on a D64S :-( )
[which one is better for devel ?] and get the machine installed.

{ PS: if you prefer German language that's quite ok for _personal_
  contact.}

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/