Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 1995 15:14:11 -0500
From:      "Greg Rowe" <greg@mn.interact.net>
To:        wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com (ED WOLPERT ), questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Three questions: xterm and /etc/services and packages

On Jun 19,  3:45pm, ED WOLPERT wrote:
> Subject: Three questions: xterm and /etc/services and packages
> Folks-
> 	I recently upgraded from 2.0R (cdrom) to 2.0.5... basically just
> erasing my 2.0, and loading in 2.0.5.  I noticed the following two things:
>
> 	1) the /etc/services file was quite incomplete... where telnet isn't
> 	even defined.  What happened to this?
This happened to me also the first upgrade I did. I didn't install DES at first
and used sysinstall to go back and install it. The services file only had 5 or
6 entries left in it after that. I just reloaded from my 2.0 backups.

> 	2) The xterm (in xfree86 3.1.1u1) doesn't allow the Control-mouse
> 	button to work, such as for changing size and what not.  I also
> 	notice that the xarchie package doesn't allow selection from the
> 	menu... what makes it more strange, the emacs (19.28) works fine with
> 	the mouse button and control shifts
Check your num-lock key. If it's on, the control key won't work properly.

> 	3) Have the packages been updated yet?  I noticed that although I
> 	got xpm-3.4e and fvwm1.24r, if I try to use fvwm, I get a
> 	libxpm.so error, user defined signal 0.  Same is true for olvwm
> 	with the xview lib.
I had to rerun ldconfig a number of times during the installation of various
ports and packages. "ldconfig /usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib"

--
Greg Rowe                           |
US West - Interact Services         | INTERNET greg@mn.interact.net

    To err is human, to really foul up requires the root password.