Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 10:24:21 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        outlawtx@bga.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some food for thought...(aka rant of the day)

outlawtx@bga.com wrote:

>         I can't make heads or tails out of anything Linux.  There are so many
> distributions that a book on Linux is practically worthless.  The only
> people who think Linux is great are Unix experts.
>
>         I switch to FreeBSD in August 1999 and have been with it ever since.  I'll
> never go back to Linux.  The docs are just worthless.

It's funny that the same advocates who acuse the BSD folks of
oligarchical development are the same ones who acuse other distributions
of being too complex, or too windowish, or too lax on security, etc.
When you've learned Redhat, you've learned Redhat, but know nothing
about administering SuSE or Debian. But when you've learned FreeBSD,
then OpenBSD and NetBSD are a piece of cake.

David