Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 19:23:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@mediacity.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrix P133 + 2.2-961014-SNAP not going well

I recently was given a brand new system with
a motherboard which has chips on that say things like

Intel PCIset and a CPU which is marked Cyrix 6x86-P133*GP (110MHz).

During boot it says its a 'PR166+ @ 133Mhz'.

The board also has an onboard PCI IDE controller.

I'm trying to get 2.2-961014-SNAP running on it.

When I try to install from floppy is tends to PANIC at various
points.

I instead simply tried to boot a hard drive which had been installed
from another system.

I boots ok, but during the 'cleaning' of the filesystems before mount
it invariably gets a message about a missing wdc0 interrupt and
then another similar message which includes '(do_dam)' and hangs.

This message comes up at various points, sometimes it gets past
the mounting and occurs as various daemons are being brought up.

I also disabled the onboard PCI IDE and used a plug in ISA IDE and
got the same error.

I tried a different hard drive too.

I've turned of just about everything fancy sounding in the CMOS
and  tried defaults too.

It this CPU and 2.2-961014-SNAP supposed to work?

Thanks for your help,

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com