Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:43:05 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>, rotel@indigo.ie
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPro vs PII

On Jun 30, 12:58am, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> Niall Smart wrote:
>
> > On Jun 29,  4:18pm, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> > } Subject: Re: PPro vs PII
> > >
> > > It also doesn't address price/performance considerations.  I went
> > > with a dual PPro system simply because I stumbled upon a great
> > > deal.  On the other hand, I got that great deal because PPro's
> >
> > any left?
>
> Lots and lots.

Hrm, I didn't realise I'd forwarded this to the list.

> PPro 180/256 ~= $99 each.
>
> PPro 166/512 ~= $145 each.
>
> Bought my 166s new, OEM from Micro-Xpress, running perfectly happily
> @ 233Mhz :=)

Well, this is the big decision, 166->233 sounds very ambitious, and I
don't want a computer that blows things around my room. :)  I'm thinking
2xP200/256 running at 75 * 3, (not sure if thats possible with the LX)
or 66 * 3.5.  Surely the 166/512's were the ones that wouldn't run
reliably at 200?

How long does it take you to buildworld?

Niall

--
Niall Smart.        PGP: finger njs3@motmot.doc.ic.ac.uk
FreeBSD: Turning PC's into Workstations: www.freebsd.org