Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 1995 14:54:25 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        julian@tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert), freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: DEC Alpha Multia (fwd)

> I've been thinking of adding a switch to allow
> environment usage when interetting symbolic links..
> (in namei/lookup)
> I see that LITES already has this..
> what it the thought on this?

Heh.  You've just raised my favorite wish list item, which I drag
out periodically to general jeers and hoots from the audience! :-)

The main problem is getting access to the environment from the namei()
code.  getenv/putenv all manipulate a malloc'd region in the process
context and there's not even a handle on it that's easy to get to from
the system.  You figure that out and the expanion should be trivial!

						Jordan