Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2007 22:53:32 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        "Jim Capozzoli" <saltmiser@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem in installing OpenOffice

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 05:50:40 -0400
"Jim Capozzoli" <saltmiser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can't you just download the java jre/jdk from the foundation's website
> and pkg_add it by hand?  That's what I've always done and never had
> any real problems...you need to pkg_add -r javavmwrapper as well
> though.  Or is this some other strange java that openoffice
> requires...

this should work just fine - i have OO2.2 (from package) using diablo-jdk (from package) with no problem at all.

(and, for what is worth, linux-jdk-blackdown for linux-firefox <G> No conflicts between them at all).

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The distinction between past, present and future is only an illusion, even if a stubborn one"
  Albert Einstein