Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:33:51 +0000
From:      "Not Going to Tell You" <luckywolf19@hotmail.com>
To:        security@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Possible New Security Tool For FreeBSD, Need Your Help.

Sorry for the blank e-mail.

I have an idea, maybe you either know if it is already been done or you can
help me write this software:

What if I would scan 5 ports in a defined order, within a define period of
time on my remote box. A program on the box would recognize these 5 port
scans as a "Key" from a remote user to open a port or to activate another
software.

Why would this be good?
I could close all the ports on my box except those needed to provide a
service (i.e. port 80), however, how can I remote manage it? So then I would
have to open a sshd port also. But this leads to a potential security
problem when scanned by a hacker. So, what if I had a program that sent a
type of "Key" to the box and the box recognized that the key sequence order
was from me, then opened the sshd port.  After I was finished with the sshd
session, I would run another program to close the port behind me?

Any thoughts and help is welcomed.

Lucky