Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 23:08:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ain.charm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /var/mail - on the root filesystem!?!

I just noticed that /var/mail is mounted under the root filesystem, on
our system the root file system has about 50 megs or so, so that leaves
about 20 to free space. A couple users receiving some large MIME
encapsulated messages could kill that easy. If I created a link between
/var/mail and another drive (say /usr/mail) would that show up as a mail
security-flag, or is it kosher?

BTW, what is the format for specifying quotas on users and groups?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry.