Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:25:17 EST
From:      n9ogk@juno.com (Jack W Doyle)
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   audemo/nas problem.

I got maybe a couple of questions for you guys:

I'm trying to find a good audio cd player software for use on IDE cd-rom
drives (no, I do not have access to the internet due to cost
considerations, and the e-mail address can be accessed only by Lose95).
This will be for a standalone fbsd 2.1.7 box.

Another question is this:  I'm fairly new to the audio-related aspects of
FreeBSD, and when I try to use audemo (or auctl or whatever), FreeBSD
comes back with 'audio server not found'.  I even tried using 'audemo
-audio rhyolite.net:0' with the same result.  Again, rhyolite.net is the
name of my machine (standalone).  What do I need to do in order to
configure it to play sound to my Vibra16 Plug-n-Pray card, which is
properly set up in the kernel to recognize sb0, sbxvi0, and sbmidi0?  I
know that the soundcard works (cat <file>.au > /dev/audio verifies it).

Thanks in advance,

Jack

You know you've been using UNIX too much when...
* You type 'ls -a' in DOS instead of 'dir /w'
* You remember UNIX commands faster than those for DOS
* You try to configure Win95 the same way you reconfig your X display
manager.
* Someone asks a question about what wordproc you use and you say 'I use
vi."