Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:33:05 -0800
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "sivakumar.subramani@wipro.com" <sivakumar.subramani@wipro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, andre@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: TSO patch for current

On 11/3/06, sivakumar.subramani@wipro.com <sivakumar.subramani@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a patch that I got from the mailing list. But it does not contain
> the changes that adds   tso_segsz to mbuffer header structure.
>
> Can any one please send me the latest patch for TSO that contains stack
> changes?
>
> Thanks,
> ~Siva

You mean I assume a patch for STABLE because the changes are
integrated into CURRENT :)

The em driver that now is in 6.2 BETA 3 DOES have TSO support in
it BTW, its just #ifdef EM_TSO which isnt defined.

For right now the only way to get the kernel patch you need is to pull it
out of the official Intel tarball. I just looked and the Intel website now
DOES have my 6.2.9 driver available to download. Go to:
              downloadfinder.intel.com

On the left select network connectivity, then server adapters, then pick one
(I dont know that it matters which). You will get a pulldown menu, select
FreeBSD and the next screen should have the new driver at the top.

When you untar the thing there is a patches directory, and in that is a TSO
patch, I have not applied it against BETA3 but it should apply.

You will then need to compile the em driver with that defined.

I expect this will be MFC'd before 6.3.

Good luck,

Jack