Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:38:04 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, dce <dce@squish.org>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 31337

In message <Pine.BSF.4.33.0103051616140.45434-100000@awww.jeah.net>,
Chris Byrn
es writes:
> Heh, yeah, exactly.  Sometimes people jump to conclusions too fast.
>
> It's just an IRCD.

The problem is that you don't know whether the system has been rooted
or not.  As such the prudent thing is to assume that the system has
been rooted.

> + Chris Byrnes, chris@JEAH.net
>  + JEAH Communications
>   + 1-866-AWW-JEAH (Toll-Free)

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC