Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:26:51 +0100
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@freebsd.org>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 and other questions.

Hi!

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 09:27:19PM -0500, Chris D. Faulhaber wrote:

> > > We do development on custom php modules so installing the includes makes
> > > it a bit easier.
> >
> > Which ones are really used?  Need we install the Zend stuff?
> >
> > A port should be a 90% case; all the people who will do custom stuff are
> > gonna be building apache without modules and hand tweaking things no?
>
> I agree, that's why I showed you the mod_php3 port we use, and the
> mod_php4 port that, when finished, we will probably use in the future.
> If you would like to use them as reference, feel free; however, I haven't
> planned to commit then since there is already support for php[34] in the
> apache13-php[34] ports.

Now we have - IIRC - four or five mod_php3 flying around, hmmm...

Cutting down apache13-php[34] to mod_php[34] is quite simple. I've
already done that once. And I'd like to continue working in the
PHP area...

But I don't think adding mod_php[34] to the ports tree wouldn't
helpful, yet.  We have to decide what to do with the other apache
ports first (we need a concept before we start to implement
something.)

	Regards Dirk

--
Dirk Froemberg