Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:14:45 +0200
From:      "Racz, Peter" <Peter.Racz@icn.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Question to the /dev/tun device

Hi all,

I'm need some advice about the /dev/tun* device.
We are trying to use the /dev/tun0 device to send and
receive IPv4 packets. We are able to read the packets
from the device, that are forwarded to it. But if
we write an IP packet to the device, it doesn't appear
on the network. We don't know exactly what the tun0
device do with the packet.
Has somebody any idea why it doesn't work or any
advice for the configuration of the device?
What do the two IP addresses of the device exactly mean
if it is configured to point-to-point?

Thanks in advance.