Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 95 13:36:53 CDT
From:      laufen@sol.med.ge.com (Derek Laufenberg  x7-4534)
To:        questions@freebsd.org, jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM
Subject:   Re: [Q] install boot manager only

> a colleage has a pair of ide drives that work in one configuration
> only--the smaller must be the first drive.
>
> how can i install the boot manager on that drive without damaging his dos
> partitions.   can this be done using the boot.flp?

I have a machine on which I do this.  I use the OS-BS boot manager.  This
manager is a DOS program which installs on drive 0 and acts as a redirector
to boot from another disk or partition.  It is on the 2.0R CD-ROM from WC so
I expect you could find it on their archives.

Good luck,
Derek Laufenberg