Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:14:36 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        gummibear@we.mediaone.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        members@funy.org
Subject:   Re: Internet World @ LA Convention Center

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 07:58:24AM -0800, gummibear@we.mediaone.net wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone was going to that Internet World thing at the
> Convention Center here in L.A.  I missed out on it last year and I really
> don't know what kind of things go on in one of thos Conventions, but it
> would be interesting to check it out.

Internet World is a trade show, where vendors peddle their wares.
I.e.  you'll find the likes of Cisco, Lucent, and a thousand little
guys who make various bits of hardware and software crap.

It has become traditional for companies like Caldera and Red Hat to
show up and give away a few thousand CDROMs.  I have manned booths in
the past where we were handing them out like candy.  (I have since
changed my opinion of Linux's position in the free software universe,
and am no longer inclined to actively promote it in such a fashion.)

I think that FreeBSD would benefit from doing something similar.  I am
in the New York area, and I am willing to spend a day or two evangelizing
FreeBSD at a trade show, particularly if I am provided with literature
and/or products to give out.  PC Expo is coming to town in June, and
Internet World in October.  The newly-formed FUNY may be able to get
a space.
--
Christopher Masto        Director of Operations      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/