Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:24:47 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, George Mitchell <george@m5p.com>
Subject:   Re: Failure compiling glib20 on ARM

Hi Andrew,

2013/9/10 Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>:
> I don't see support for it in our stdatomic functions. It shouldn't be
> too hard to support, a simple would be something like:
>
> int __sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4(uint32_t *mem, uint32_t expected,
>     uint32_t new)
> {
>         return (__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4(mem, expected, new) ==
>             expected);
> }

My initial goal was to just add the atomic intrinsics to make the C11
standards atomic interface work (<stdatomic.h>). That's why I am
personally not that interested in adding all sorts of extra `bloat';
code should just use <stdatomic.h> instead.

Still, if there is a strong interest in adding this function as well,
be sure to send me a patch for sys/*/*/stdatomic.c and I would be more
than willing to review it.

Thanks,
--
Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>