Date:      Mon, 26 May 2008 22:43:10 -0700
From:      O'Shaughnessy Evans <shaug@wumpus.org>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem running in headless mode on freebsd 7

Hi.  I've been trying to get OOo to run in headless mode on FreeBSD 7
but I haven't been able to get it to actually listen on a network
interface.

I'm running the latest RELENG_7 compiled with "-O".  I've tried the
2.4.0 and DEV300_m5 binary packages from the Good Day web site, and
I've tried using a version of 2.4.0 compiled locally as well.

For 2.4.0, here are the command-line options I'm using:
    -invisible -accept='socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp' -display :0

For 3 DEV:
    -headless -accept='socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp' -display :0

I have Xvfb running on the box.

So I'm wondering if headless mode is known to work on FreeBSD.
I'm not sure where to look next.  A process trace of soffice.bin
isn't telling me much.  Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks very much.

--
o'shaughnessy evans <shaug@wumpus.org>           http://isle.wumpus.org/