Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:01:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <spidey@jsp.umontreal.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Porting cdparanoia to FreeBSD

Hi!

I'm trying to port cdparanoia to FreeBSD. cdparanoia is a what is commonly
called a cd-ripper, and it is now for linux.

I have problems compiling it because of things like:

cooked_interface.c:16: storage size of `hdr' isn't known
cooked_interface.c:17: storage size of `entry' isn't known
cooked_interface.c:20: `CDROMREADTOCHDR' undeclared (first use this
function)
cooked_interface.c:20: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cooked_interface.c:20: for each function it appears in.)
cooked_interface.c:33: `CDROM_LBA' undeclared (first use this function)
cooked_interface.c:34: `CDROMREADTOCENTRY' undeclared (first use this
function)
cooked_interface.c:44: `CDROM_LEADOUT' undeclared (first use this
function)

These are defined in Linuxes .h files, but I don't know if there is an
equivalent in FreeBSD, or where it should be.

the includes are something like:
#include <linux/major.h>
#include <linux/version.h>

/* some include file locations have changed with newer kernels*/

#ifdef SBPCD_H
#include <linux/sbpcd.h>
#endif

#ifdef UCDROM_H
#include <linux/ucdrom.h>
#endif

if someone ported some stuff to FreeBSD, you might be of great help!

Thanks!

## Au nom de l'etat,         ##
## La force s'appelle droit. ##
## Au main de l'individu,    ##